INSTRUCTIONS FOR RESIZING YOUR SCREEN
The size at which you see things on your computer monitor is determined by your screen resolution. The lower the resolution setting, the larger the images will appear on the screen.
The optimal screen size for this site is 800 x 600. Many computers are pre-configured to be set at 640 x 480. At this lower setting, you may not be able to see all of the course content or navigational buttons without using the scroll bar continually. To see the optimal amount of information on your screen, we recommend changing to the 800 x 600 setting. We have included directions for checking this setting below.
To check the resolution setting for Windows 95/98/NT:
To check the resolution settings for Macintosh:
- Go to the Start Menu on the lower left-hand corner of your screen.
- Scroll up to Settings.
- Choose the Control Panel option.
- Double click on the Display icon.
- Click on the Settings tab.
- In the box titled Desktop Area, make sure the setting is at 800 x 600. (If it is not already on 800 x 600, move the slider to the right to change this setting).
Return to technical requirements
- Click on the Apple menu on the top left-hand corner of your screen.
- Scroll down to Control Panels.
- Choose Monitor & Sounds from the menu.
- In the resolution box, make sure 800 x 600 is highlighted.